Prior to moving to Australia, my mom and I sat down and discussed my favorite foods, and what I wanted to eat over the following nine days prior to the move. She wanted to be sure I ate all of my favorite foods, including breakfast, lunch and dessert. Unfortunately, we were not able to make everything on the dinners list, but would you believe that eight of nine of meals made were pasta dishes? The one non-pasta dish… these delicious sweet pineapple and apricot wings.
I am not one for “All You Care to Eat Wing” nights; I tend to get bored after 10 wings. Don’t bother inviting me to a buffet either; I can hardly eat more than a plate or two.
With that said, perhaps the problem is that I have not had wings as delicious as these. I am fairly certain that if these wings were a part of an all you can eat night somewhere I would clear my plate repeatedly. In a buffet line, I would get seconds, or perhaps thirds. Yes, they are that good. Buffalo Wild Wings, take note!
This recipe includes Catalina Dressing and pineapple chunks, so they are not spicy wings by any means, just how I like them! If you want to add some heat, sprinkle on Cayenne Pepper before baking.
These wings are perfect to bring to a party for a crowd, or eat along with a salad at a family dinner, just make sure you have extra napkins handy, they can be quite messy!
- 5lbs. Frozen Chicken Wings Prepped (ask the butcher to prep them in the store before taking them home - it will save lots of time and frustration)
- 1 cup Pineapple/Apricot Preserves
- 1 ounce Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 16oz Catalina Salad Dressing (1 bottle)
- 1 can Crushed Pineapple (optional – but who doesn’t love pineapple?)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the wings evenly on the baking sheet.
- In a large ziplock bag add preserves, dry onion soup mix, and catalina dressing. Shake well.
- Spread the entire mixture over the wings, making sure that all wings are coated in the sauce.
- Drain pineapple and separate overtop of the wings.
- Bake for 1 hour, rotating the wings at 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and enjoy!