Thanksgiving signifies the end of the pumpkin season and the start of the cranberry!
I recently made this sauce and included it to top a few desserts like mini cheesecakes and vanilla cupcakes. I loved it so much I even included it on the side of a plate of baked chicken. This recipe is so simple and delicious you can incorporate it into practically anything you’d like.
The tart of the cranberry and orange mixed with sugar makes a striking combination when eaten by itself (yep! I tired this,) but when combined with a creamy texture or meat it’s a perfect compliment. And heck, if you don’t mind a little tart with your sweet eat it straight out of the bowl. It’s delicious!
I’d love to know what else you are incorporating cranberry into this year! I am always down to make more with cranberries.
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 12oz. Cranberries (1 bag)
- Pour orange juice into medium sauce pan on high heat.
- Incorporate sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Add cranberries, stir and cook until the cranberries begin to pop. This should take 5-10 minutes.
- Empty the sauce into a serving bowl and cool to room temperature before refrigerating for 2 hours prior to serving. The sauce will thicken as it cools.