I had a hard time coming up with my June Wish List, and I’m not sure why…
Ok, maybe I do know the reason, I’m just totally embarrassed to tell you that I don’t have much of a June Wish List because I took advantage of sales around Memorial Day and have been purchasing so much of what I’ve been wishing for. I’ll show you those items below, and highlight them in a fashion post later this summer. In the meantime, my June Wish List consists of items I have not purchased, but have a very strong eye on!
1. || When it comes to
fashion, life, just about anything I have a love for two things: #1 Pineapples, #2 Maps. What can you expect when the name of my blog is The Pineapple Cake, and I live life all over the world? Pineapples are so on trend this summer I am relishing in pure pineapple joy! I put these Soft Pants from Peter Som for Kohls on this list because I felt like they were a subtle way of doing the pineapple… but I actually tried them on in the store and couldn’t get over the “pajama” feeling. Kept them on the June Wish List because I am “wishing” they were a little less wear me to bed, and a little more wear me on the town! || Shirt || Styled ||
2. || While I was writing my June Golden Tote Sneak Peek I came across these shoes and fell in love! My mom had a pair when I was younger and these take me back to the 90s every time I look at them. These will be purchased before I go back to Australia. || Similar || Similar || Similar ||
Total sidenote – I took a piece from my mom’s closet to be altered today. It’s from the 80’s and is back in style now! Can’t wait to show you what it looks like when I get it back!
3. || In addition to a cute pair of brown flats like those Steve Maddens, I am also searching for a black ankle strap sandal with mid height heel. This is the closest I have found to what I am looking for. Where are you hiding perfect sandal? || In Brown || Similar ||
5. || Let me let you in on a little secret… I am weird. I saw this girl wear a really cool look tie-dye shirt to yoga class, last December, and thought it was just the cutest thing ever. Because I am such a dress lover, I went on the hunt for a tie-dye dress, and this was my favorite!
|| Maxi Skirt || Jumpsuit ||
6. || You’ll notice below there are a few pineapple pieces I have picked up lately and this button down from Target may soon join that list… just as soon as I can get in the car and get one. Love this shirt to dress up for work (someday when I have an office job again) or down for work (when I go to Panera and work on the blog). Don’t worry if you aren’t a pineapple fan, there are other prints available too! || Pink Bicycles || Turquoise Polka Dots || Pink Whales || Yellow Gingham ||
7. || This dress is too cute!! I may stop by C. Wonder on my way back to Tampa and try it on if it’s still there. Although it is a sailing/beachy dress I can totally see myself wearing it in the city as well!
8. || Remember when I said I love maps? Here ya go! Show Me Your Mumu (yes – that is their name) has this awesome map inspired fabric on several different pieces this summer, tanks, pants, maxis you name it! I really can’t get enough of it!
Update: I stopped at Millenia Mall and the Florida Mall in Orlando last week and tried on the black ankle strap sandal from Call It Spring, and the sailing dress from C. Wonder. The verdict… I could not make those ankle strap sandals work, even at 30% off the sale price, but I snatched up the sailing dress at 50% off the sale price.
One thing I have noticed living in Australia is that the clothing is overpriced and not totally my style. So I figure while I am in America I might as well stock up on some cute things and donate clothes I don’t want to travel back with.
So many pineapples!!….
Memorial Day Shopping: Pineapple Socks,
GAP Black Maxi,
Blue 5″ Oxford Shorts, Pink 5″ Oxford Shorts, Pineapple Flip Flops
The workout tops are a breatheable fabric from Gap Body and I absolutely love them for workouts, lounging, and everyday wear.
I’m already getting started on my July Wish List, which will not take nearly as long to post… and I promise not to buy it all.
What’s on your Wish List this month?