Last month’s Wish List came a little late, but that doesn’t mean I am not well prepared for my July Wish List. I spent almost two weeks traveling through Philadelphia, New York City, and Connecticut and while in each location I did the best thing I know how to do, shop. Ok, ok, so I didn’t actually buy anything, I am really good at not buying things too, but everything I tried on became inspiration for my July Wish List.
While I was living in Australia I had a hard time deciding what season I was shopping for each month; but since coming back to The States for the summer I have had no problem searching for warm weather appropriate outfits, and completely forgot about how chilly it must be in Newcastle. Everything on the wish list this month is appropriate for an American Summer and an Australian Spring/Summer, which I am very much looking forward to when I head back to OZ in August.
1.|| I walked into The LOFT during a 60% off sale, and this skirt caught my eye… whatdayaknow, it was NOT on sale. Of course… I had to try it on anyway. The pattern is gorgeous, the fit is great, I put it back on the rack. I have a sale alert set up for this skirt through ShopStyle and have been checking every email from The LOFT each morning. The moment this is on sale I will pull the trigger.
2. || Surprisingly, this skirt also caught my eye. The color and material aren’t my typical cup of tea, but there was something about it I loved. I tried it on in the store and cannot wait for it, in addition to that gorgeous maxi, to go on sale.
5. || Remember when I had those cute pineapple print comfy pants in my June Wish List? Well, I am getting a pair of printed comfy pants in a black and white print next week and was thinking that a graphic print tee would be a great compliment. I really like this one from J.Crew. || Similar ||
6. || The perfect swim cover up. I saw this one in an Athleta email and thought how perfect it would be for any water sports, or as a cover up. I’ve already figured out where to take sailing lessons in Australia (goal of mine), and imagine this would be the thing to wear. **By the way, it’s on sale now**
7. || Another Athleta find.. I have had my eye on this rash guard for a few months, so long that I am surprised I haven’t shared it with you yet. I love how it can be worn as a tee, swim cover up, or rashie. Both the front and back bring a little something different to the world of water sports.
9. || I tried on this pair of shorts in Athleta in NYC last week and loved the feel. I passed on getting them and then regretted it. The shorts are great for running on working out, are made of UV protection material, and dry quickly, great for an afternoon of kayaking, or walking along the beach. **They are on sale now.** || Printed Pattern ||
11. || If you have ever seen my closet you’ll notice the majority of it is striped. Shirts, dresses, you name it, it’s striped. The thing I like the most about this dress is the crisscross back cutout detail. It will keep me cool in really hot (un-air-conditioned Australian) weather, and it is normal bra friendly. || Similar ||
13. || Another dress I loved at first sight. I went into my first C. Wonder in June, and in that time have ventured into three more across three states. This dress has caught my attention every time for the navy and white pattern print, contrasting lime bottom, and the rope detailing halter ties.
What’s on your July Wish List?