There are a couple things I am loving this month. With the impending move to Australia I decided my bank account needed to take a break so I am only shopping for the essentials. But a girl can dream can’t she?
1. Recently I have been wearing button down, and chambray shirts, and have been in search of a great crystal statement necklace that will dress up flannels and solid shirts. I think this is the one!
2. The Black Clutch! I have been on a mission for as long as I can remember for a clutch (I have never owned one.) It didn’t NEED to be black, but lately black (and gold) has been dominating my wardrobe and this is the perfect addition. With a removable chain, this clutch can go from cross body, to one shoulder, to no strap at all; perfect for dates nights… which I will start having in two months! Yay!
3. I walked into Fossil to get my new watch sized (I was blessed with the tiniest wrists there could ever be on a person my size) and while I was waiting for the chains to be taken out of the watch, and then more chains, my eyes caught sight of this beauty! The perfect spring satchel. I love the soft camel color of this bag, which is even prettier in person. The price tag on this, however, is too rich for my blood. I suppose I won’t have a spring until next September Down Under so I have some time to wait on a new spring satchel. Until then, I’ll admire this one.
4. Could you find a prettier pair of blue drop earrings? I don’t think so.
5. Maybe I am getting a little ahead of myself here, already planning for a Christmas in Australia (100°F weather in the bush), but with all the holiday outfits in the stores I couldn’t help but think about what I might wear for my first Aussie Christmas. Tucked into dark jeans or a white pencil skirt, this could be a nice lightweight alternative to the typical holiday sweater, coat, or long sleeve dress.
6. Hi-Wasited Jeans! Have you tried this new trend? I have and I love it! I naturally have big hips so low-rise jeans can give me the dreaded muffin-top if I’m not careful. I tried on two pairs of jeans at American Eagle and fell for the hi-waist, so comfortable, and they stay up throughout the day, no belt necessary. I bought this pair in grey, but I would love to get a pair of dark skinnies for everyday wear and to dress up.
7. This dress immediately caught my eye in JCrew. Perfect for spring and summer paired with a scarf, statement necklace, or leather jacket. Wear with sandals, boots, or heels… the possibilities are endless with a simple white dress.
8. Chambray! Like I said, button downs are one of my favorite things, especially denim. I pair chambray tops with pencil skirts for work or colored pants for something casual, and under and puffer vest in the winter. What drew me to this top in particular is the color of the denim, the contrasting buttons, and the buttoned roll-up sleeves.
The more I have been blogging the more I have seen the need to go back to a traditional planner. I am a huge to-do list person, and while having multiple desktop sticky notes is nice, it’s not pleasant to look at when I open my computer, nor does it give me the personal gratification that comes with crossing something off of a to-do list! Also, with big plans for this blog in the coming months, and a personal life about to become my everyday life, I will need a way to schedule my posts, email updates, gym classes, food planning, and date nights. With that said here are a few of my favorite Life Planners from Erin Condren. Erin Condren also has custom stickers available to keep track of tasks and keep you organized.