As you may remember my brother recently got engaged (another sister, yay!), and last night I just celebrated the marriage of my best friend Lauren at a gorgeous ceremony at a winery just outside of San Francisco.
Now a days it is rare to find a couple that isn’t already living together prior to getting married, or the couple who doesn’t already own everything under the sun; thus making it incredibly hard to find the right gift for the couple. I have spent an enormous amount of time looking for the perfect gifts for each of these couples and came up with some great gift ideas for engagements and weddings sure to help you out this wedding season.
2. Engraved Wine Box or Labels: This is one of my favorite ideas for wine loving couples; especially if you know what some of their favorite wines are. The engraved box can be found here, and the wine labels can be found here.
3. Erin Condren Wedding Planner: I bought this book for one of my best girlfriends when she got engaged a few years ago, and she loved it. When I asked her for some engagement gift ideas for my future sister-in-law she said this book!
4. Ring Dish: The last thing you want is the brides ring to fall down the drain. You can never have enough of these.
5. Custom Wedding Dress Hanger: A custom gift that’s sure to be in several pre-wedding photos.
6. Wooden Classic Game Set: There is an inside joke in my family about backgammon and my dad, or is it mom, cheating.. neither one will own up to who threw their piece in the lake. I love their story and gifting a classic game set can create those memories for another couple. Find a vintage Scrabble set here.
7. Monogrammed Pot: Even though the couple might have everything, this monogrammed pot is extra special and still traditional.
8. Mr. & Mrs. Tea Towels: Another gift for the kitchen, this tea towel is sure to be prominently displayed.
9. Picnic Set: Send the couple on wonderful day dates for years to come with a wicker picnic basket with and all the accessories!
10. Kate Spade Engraved Glassware Collection: Another easy to customize gift perfect for the newly engaged couple or those tying the knot.
11. Stamped Spoons: I love the thought of the couple eating their wedding cake with gorgeous custom flatware hand stamped and personalized. I have a spoon from House of Bec (who lives right here in Newcastle and ships worldwide) that I absolutely love, and have been ogling her bridal flatware.
**Just a note for you soon to be brides, Anthropologie now offers gift registry, so all those bowls and home decor you’ve been swooning over can now be a part of your wedding registry.
Share Gift Ideas for Engagements and Weddings on Pinterset!
What is your favorite gift to give for an engagement or wedding?
What was your favorite gift to receive?