I officially missed a Friday Favorites post last week. Don’t hurt me.
Hopefully this week’s will make up for it!
*The post contains affiliate links*
1. || Favorite Ice Pack: While shopping with my mom in The Container Store last weekend, we came across these adorable Penguin Ice Packs. With a little searching I was able to find polar bears, and fox packs. There are also dinosaurs and rabbit packs as well. I’ll stay on the look out for kangaroo and koala packs!
2. || Favorite Chip Clip: Here goes another animal to fall for, the Fish Chip Clip! Could chip clips get any cuter? If you’re like me, chips get clipped once in a blue moon, and go stale before the bag is finished… until now! Bring on the fishy clips and don’t let your chips go stale again!
3. || Favorite Drinking Buddy: I am always on the lookout for cute straws (or anything) that would look great for food photography. These Glass Straws aren’t only unique to use in a photo, but also safe and healthier to use in your drinking bottles than the regular plastic straws they typically come with. “Why?” you might ask. Because those plastic straws are not dishwasher safe and extremely hard to clean. These glass straws are not only dishwasher safe but also have a longer life than their plastic counterparts. While you’re at it you might as well check out this great recipe for The Best Lemonade You’ve Ever Had from Food52.
4. || Favorite Kitchen Assistant: Do you love to use your ipad while you are cooking? An Etsy store out of the Netherlands is making wooden cutting boards with ipad holders built in so you can chop your veggies while you read the recipes. I thought this was really cool, but knowing me, I would end up scraping the screen with the knife. Proceed with caution.
5. || Favorite Nail Color: I headed to Orlando Tuesday for some much needed best friend time (and a doctors appointment). While there, my bf Derina and I got pedicures and gabbed on about life in Austrailia. Now that I am in America I can’t help but be drawn to bright spring colors and got both my nails and toes painted in the bright pink and semi sparkly OPI color I Eat Mainely Lobster.
6. || Favorite Rustic Home Look: Every time I am on Etsy I get pulled in 500 different directions. When I saw these Sliding Barn Doors I remembered that in my future dream home I would love to have a barn door as a room divider. Now that it’s written down I cannot forget it!
7. || Favorite Measuring Tool: On my way home from Orlando I made a few stops, one of them to Anthropologie. Have you ever walked into Anthro and not wanted to buy the whole store? I haven’t! I love these little Whale Measuring Cups I found, they are super fun and not something that would end up thrown in a drawer or closet when they are done being used. Love!
8. || Favorite Memorial Day Weekend Sale: I got an email from Provisions by Food52 today about their big Memorial Day deal going on. When you make a $50 purchase by Monday, May 26th, Provisions will give you (and me!) $30 to spend in the store. This is a great time to buy that CakeBox I featured in my Friday Favorites V, perhaps some new cooking tools, those glass straws above, or cool new dishes. I have my eye on this “BAKE” Tea Towel, the CakeBox, and some yummy gourmet snacks. Just follow This Link to make your purchase!
Hope you had a fantastic Friday!
What are your plans for the long weekend? Share with me in the comments below!