I am making this a quick Friday Favorites post because I am getting ready for a weekend away. So much cleaning, packing, and pilates(ing) to do before we go!
1. || Favorite Mother/Daughter Duo: In honor of Mother’s Day this weekend I thought I would take the Which Mother/Daughter TV Duo Do You Belong In quiz. Happily I got Lorelai and Rory from The Gilmore Girls. “You’re more best friends than mother and daughter, and actually choose to hang out on a regular basis.” I’d say that’s pretty accurate for my mom and I. I wonder what she would get if she took this quiz.
2. || Favorite Bag: While putting together my May Wish List I stumbled across the Sophie Crossbody Bag from J.Crew which reminded me so much of the bag (that I use for everything!) I purchased a year ago from Fossil. I just had to share this because it’s the only bag I’ve ever found so closely related, and I swear it is my go to bag for everything!
3. || Favorite Flower(s): I am insanely jealous of all of you celebrating the warm spring air and flowers. As I see more and more photos of flowers, thanks Instagram, I can’t get over how much I love the cabbage rose and ranunculus!
4. || Favorite Getaway: Who isn’t excited when planning a trip? Wednesday night Ben had the idea that this weekend (my last in Australia for a little while) we needed to get away, we haven’t had a weekend to ourselves since I got here – 10 weeks ago. Our first thought was Melbourne if we could fly cheap enough, unfortunately that was out, as cheap flights start next week, and there is a 70% chance of rain. So we’ve decided to head up to Port Macquarie for the weekend and visit Ben’s cousins for a night and then spend the weekend ticking boxes off this list:
– Seeing and/or touching a Koala
– Fishing (this one is for Ben)
– Exploring the Convict Trail
– Getting lost in the hedge maze at Bago Vineyard
– Standing on top of the world (or bottom) at North Brother Mountain
– Cocktails at Sunset on the beach
(oh and that gorgeous pool in the photos above, is the pool at our hotel! yay!)
We are already off on our weekend getaway (gotta love scheduled posts), hope you have a great Friday!
What are your plans for the weekend?