A collection of US Spring and Australian Autumn 2014 fashion trends make up my April Wish List.
Be sure to check out my March purchases at the end of this post!
1. || I love the detail on the bottom of this Navy Blue Eyelet Dress from The LOFT. I have a eyelet dress from The Loft from a few years ago and it is perfect for wearing to the office or out to brunch.
2. || I have only bought one item from Zara in the past, but this dress caught my attention and I have started to search their website more. If you haven’t bought your Easter dress this could be the one!
5. || This lightweight sweater in orange is perfect for the changing of seasons in both Australia and the USA. The neon orange gives it a nice spring pop too. Pair this one with a bold statement necklace.
7. || I wish I was living in Florida right now just so I can get on this floral skirt trend. I recently tried on an adorable skirt very similar to this Lauren Conrad skirt in Australia, but opted not to get it since the weather is turning cold here.
| Similar |
10. || These shoes bring back so many memories from my childhood. My mom had a pair of tie around the ankle espadrilles and I used to love trying them on and tying them up. These shoes would work great with a number of items on this wish list and are nice shoe for spring and early summer.
| Similar | Slide On |
11. || This dress is speaking to me… and spoke to the boyfriend as well. When I showed him this wish list he said you would look great in that. Glad we are on the same page! Definitely tempted to purchase this month.
| Similar | Similar |
12. || I feel like there is always a maxi dress on my wish lists, but this one was too gorgeous to pass up. I love the neckline and pattern detail, this maxi can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
| Similar |
Check out all the April Wish list items in the gallery.
As you can see I am struggling coming to a happy medium with the whole fall and spring thing since moving Down Under. My mind (and facebook friends) are saying yes spring is here: nice weather, weddings, and flowy dresses. Meanwhile the sweaters, jeans, and blankets are coming out. A month into life in the Southern hemisphere and my body hasn’t quite figured out the weather yet.
I have a few other fashion and wishlist related posts up my sleeve this month because… it’s my birthday month! Be on the look out for those posts in the upcoming weeks.
I find it so odd that in Australia the mall is only open until 5pm everyday of the week, except for late night shopping on Thursdays when they stay open until 9pm. That means Thursday nights when Ben gets home from work we venture off to the mall (ok, that has happened twice – but still). So far Country Road is leading the pack for favorite Aussie store. Country Road has a J.Crew feel but unfortunately has the J.Crew price tag as well. This is the one item I purchased in all of March, and I am in love with it. The style is perfect (black and white stripe and a maxi – me all the way clearly!) It’s out of season so it was a steal at $60 (original price $130). I plan on wearing this well into fall alternating with a denim and leather jacket, and forgoing the jackets in the summer.